Nestled in the foothills of Southwest Portland, Oregon, West Hills Christian School has been providing a quality Christian education to families of the Pacific Northwest for 70 years. Through a compelling combination of quality teachers, first-rate enrichment classes, superb facilities and a commitment to strong academic, athletic and extracurricular programs, West Hills provides a dynamic, supportive learning environment where students are both challenged and loved well.
As a non-denominational Christian school, our school community represents 25 different local churches in the greater Portland area. While our school has stewarded growth and improvement over time, our mission remains unchanged: to provide an exceptional Christian education in accordance with God’s Word for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Three generations of alumni have returned to educate their children here…we encourage you to schedule a tour and find out why!
- Independent, non-denominational Christian school serving kindergarten through eighth grade
- Southwest Portland campus located five minutes from I-5 and fifteen minutes from downtown Portland
- Established in 1949, a private school founded on Christian traditions and biblical values
- 315 students from Portland and surrounding communities
- Full day program for K-8th grade and 1/2 day kindergarten program
- Small class sizes
- Relationship and character-building experiences through chapel and field trips
Our students come from the following communities:
Twenty five local churches are represented by our school community, including Lutheran, Baptist, Catholic, Foursquare and Presbyterian faith traditions. Interdenominational chapels are held weekly on campus for students and staff.
Since our inception in 1949, more than 2,000 students have graduated from West Hills Christian School.
AdvancED conducts rigorous, on-site reviews of educational institutions to ensure their continuous improvement.
Educational Records Bureau provides admission and achievement assessment as well as instructional services for PreK – Grade 12.
Northwest Evaluation Association creates assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency and provides insights to help tailor instruction.