Equipping our students to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community is one of our goals at West Hills Christian School. Every student participates in at least one class service project each year, as well as in our school-wide efforts partnering with local service organizations. Below are some activities in which WHCS students have participated and in which your child might have the opportunity to take part.
West Hills teaches them what it is to have a relationship with Christ, but then also what it is to live that out in the community and ways they can be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world around them.
- Assemble welcome boxes for children in foster care
- Create holiday placements for Meals on Wheels
- Sing at a memory care center
- Volunteer in the food pantry for Neighborhood House
- Organize food at the local food bank
- Collect cans of food from neighbors for a low-income community center
- Rake leaves for a senior citizen
- Organize donated clothing at Northwest Children’s Outreach
- Become pen pals with a Christian student across the world
- Send Christmas cards and packages to those serving in the military overseas
- American Red Cross: West Hills has organized blood and platelet donation drives at our facility to assist this organization’s response to critical shortages, sometimes prompted by a need from within our own school community.
- Northwest Children’s Outreach (NCO): Led by our Student Council, West Hills’ student body supported this nonprofit’s ‘Project Renewal’ by organizing a donation drive for clothing and hygiene items for local impoverished children.
- Take Action, INC (In the Name of Christ): We’ve partnered with this organization to facilitate non-perishable food drives supporting more than 20 local schools with children who would otherwise go hungry from Friday afternoon to Monday morning.