PFW stands for “Parents For West Hills,” our active parent organization cooperatively finding ways to give back to our school through participation, volunteerism and service. Our purpose is rooted in the words of Micah 6:8, our PFW theme verse:
“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” ~ Micah 6:8 (NIV)
PFW seeks to undergird the school with fervent prayer, to come alongside in support and encouragement of faculty and staff, and to serve as the volunteer corps accomplishing efforts that further the mission of West Hills Christian School. We strive to ensure that every event or group we sponsor achieves at least one of the following three “E” standards:
- Enhance the spiritual and physical learning environment
- Encourage fellowship with one another
- Enable support to the administration, staff and faculty
The fourth “E” is the Expectation that every WHCS parent would:
- Serve on 1 committee (help plan and prepare an event, oversee a project start to finish, coach a sports team, etc.)
- Volunteer for 2 events (sign up or show up to help at an event, drive for a class field trip, bring snacks for the staff lounge, etc.)
- Participate in 3 activities (simply come and enjoy a school-related activity, whether it be attending a volleyball game, accompanying your child to the Daddy/Daughter Dance, or dropping in to a Parents in Prayer meeting).
Finding Your ''1-2-3''
Serve = “Plan and
prepare an event”
e.g. Coach a school sport,
join the Box Tops team or help plan STApp Week
Volunteer = “Sign up or show up”
e.g. Drive for a class field trip, sign up for Watch D.O.G.S. or stock the Staff Lounge with goodies
Participate = “Come and enjoy; be a part of what is happening”
e.g. Attend a volleyball game, come to Pizza, Praise & Pie or drop in to Parents in Prayer
Note: Current families may log into the RenWeb parent portal to link to the full PFW website.