Your student may have certain areas of creative interest he or she would like to further explore; clubs at West Hills provide that outlet. The roster of our after-school clubs is slightly different each semester. Examples of past offerings include:
- Minecraft: K-8th graders use a platform they love to learn about STEAM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math) through specific build challenges, Redstone tinkering and collaborative builds.
- Arduino: 4th-8th graders explore an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It’s intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
- Ultimate Frisbee: 4th-8th graders learn the fundamentals of the sport as well as teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- LEGO Robotics: 5th-8th graders design and program EV3 robots as a team to research and problem-solve scientific and real-world challenges.
- LEGO Wedo: K-4th graders bring LEGO builds to life with motors, gears and programming using a robotics hardware/software platform.
Note to current families: Registration forms are available on the parent portal under “Resource Documents.”
Summer STEM Camps
Cancelled for 2020.