West Hills Christian School was founded in 1949 by six families who felt called to establish a Christian school on the west side of town. The school was originally housed the basement of Hillcrest Bible Chapel. It was later moved to two other church basement locations before the present property was purchased and a permanent building erected. Our beginnings were small: twenty-one students in grades one through six. Under the Lord’s blessing, West Hills Christian School continues to provide an exceptional Christian education in accordance with God’s Word, prayerfully partnering with families to help students grow in their love for the Lord, inspiring lifelong learning, and joyfully serving others for the glory of God.
Neighboring Barbur Boulevard in 1952
Neighboring Barbur Boulevard in 2000